Spaghetti alla puttanesca
by David Rocco
David Rocco combines olives, capers, walnuts and anchovies in an easy-to-prepare tomato sauce for spaghetti
- 400 g spaghetti
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pinches chillies, to season
- 4 tinned anchovies, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 12 black olives, pitted
- 100 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 pinches salt
- Prepare the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water, according to packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat up some olive oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat on the hob. Throw in the garlic and chilli pepper. When the garlic reaches a golden colour, add the anchovies, olives, capers and walnuts.
- Let the mixture cook for a few seconds before pouring the plum tomatoes into the pan. Cook for about five minutes.
- When the pasta is almost at the al dente stage (with slightly more of a bite than usual), drain the spaghetti and add it to the saucepan. Give it another minute or so to finish cooking in the sauce. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately.