White chocolate and berry pavlova
by James Martin
James Martin's crisp meringue has a soft chewy interior and is topped with white chocolate, whipped cream and luscious selection of berries
For the meringue
- 6 egg whites
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
For the filling
- 600 ml double cream
- 100 g white chocolate
- 125 g raspberries
- 50 g strawberries
- 50 g redcurrants
- 50 g mixed summer berries
- 25 g blueberries
- 1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3.
- 2. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- 3. Whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk on high speed and add the sugar.
- 4. Reduce the speed and add the cornflour. Return to high speed and whisk until the mixture is stiff.
- 5. Spread with a spatula or pipe onto the lined baking tray or and place in the oven. Turn off the oven and leave for 6-8 hours or overnight to dry out.
- 6. Whisk the cream until softly peaking.
- 7. Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water.
- 8. Place the meringue carefully on a serving plate. Spread the white chocolate over the base of the meringue and top with cream. Arrange the fruit on top and decorate with mint sprigs.