Porcini mushroom parcels
by David Rocco
Porcini mushroom parcels, by David Rocco, are individually baked porcini mushrooms with garlic, mint and white wine for a fragrant starter
- 900 g fresh porcini, cleaned, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch mint leaves, chopped
- 235 ml white wine
- 8 large sheets tin foil
- 120 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Divide the porcini mushrooms, garlic cloves, mint and white wine into four separate portions. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- 2. Take two sheets of aluminium foil and place them on top of each other to create a more sturdy base. Lift all 4 sides up to create a container.
- 3. Place mushrooms, garlic and mint leaves in the centre. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and add wine. Grab all the sides of the aluminium foil and tightly seal them closed, to prevent steam from escaping.
- 4. Repeat the above process 3 more times to create 4 individual servings. Place in the oven for approximately 15 - 20 minutes.
- 5. Serve immediately with aluminium foil packages still tightly closed. Allow guests to open their own individual packages to experience all the aromas contained.